Social Media Myths – Part 1
Social media can be a powerful tool in your business growth and marketing strategy, but it has to be done well to provide successful results. Here are some of the biggest myths and mistakes to be aware of when utilizing social media for your business.
- It’s easy, anyone can do it … Sure anyone can update a status or send out a tweet, but just any post won’t drive results. A social media strategist knows your audience, knows the types of posts that will resonate with them, knows the language they speak, and knows how to capture them visually as well. All of these things go into creating a quality social media post, and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- You should use hashtags in all your posts … You know the posts, “#social #media is the #best way to #boost my #ratings #instadaily #likeme #followme” They can be so annoying to viewers! Hashtags are meant to help bring unity to conversation threads and to make your content searchable. They work best on Instagram and with minimal use in a tweet, but don’t overdo it, that could be distracting your audience from the message you want to get across.
- Ad dollars are a waste of money … Social media is another advertising tool for your business. It is NOT free. You have to pay to play. Conversion pixels, Brand Awareness, Local Awareness, Engagement, Video Views, etc, which one is right for you? Every business is different so it’s important to know the difference between different ad types and how they help reach the audience right for your business. If this sounds confusing to you I’m available for consultations. Contact Us
- You need to be on every single platform … Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Tumbler, etc. There are so many different platforms for you to consider, but knowing which ones are best for your business is just as important. Each platform has a unique customer, so identifying your audience and knowing which platforms the use for what is research well worth your time.
- You only need to post when you feel like it … Social media is the Las Vegas of marketing, it NEVER sleeps! Content is constantly updating and streaming, and you have to publish it consistently if you don’t want to get lost in the crowd. Each platform’s recommended quantity varies, if you need help navigating this reach out to an expert. Contact Us
Stay tuned for Part 2 where I cover topics like “My customers aren’t on Social media” and “Social Media Marketing campaigns don’t drive the bottom line” and more.