9 Outdoor Blogs to Follow
“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” -John Muir
As a business owner life can be described as complicated, crazy, hectic, busy, ever-changing, on-the-go, etc. So sometimes you need to take the time to simply recharge. We all seek that elusive ‘Life Balance’, and as an outdoor, adventure lover, I choose to do so outside, often on a rock somewhere and I look to other outdoor enthusiasts for inspiration all the time. Here’s a list of some of my favorite adventure seekers and their blogs. I’d also love to hear from all of you, who your favorites are. Leave them in the comments below so I can go check them out.
- Sasha DiGiulian – Sasha writes about more than just climbing, she is also an advocate for empowering women and kids through sports. She is on the Board of the Women’s Sports Foundation and serves as a Global Athlete Ambassador for Right to Play, Up2Us Sports, and the American Alpine Club.
- Just a Colorado Gal – Heather Balogh Rochfort, the voice behind Just a Colorado Gal, is a typical, Colorado Gal. She has a job, a husband, a mortgage, etc, but she still finds time to get outside and explore. Her adventures are great reads and she keeps me motivated to find that illusive life balance thing.
- Dirtbag Darling – Johnie Gall writes compelling posts about her outdoor adventures and others. She’s a huge advocate for conservation and taking care of our earth and seeks to spread that message and passion through her blog.
- Adventure Journal – Adventure Journal is an online magazine started by Steve Casimiro. It is an awesome go-to resource for adventurers. You can find gear reviews, camp stories, history lessons, recipes and more.
- Outside Online – Want to get in shape? Eat good food? Travel to cool places? Know what to pack? Outside Online is where it’s at. The online mag provides a plethora of information on anything and everything outdoors.
- Outdoor Research – Outdoor Research is more than just a rad outdoor clothing company, they also support individuals outdoor adventures with scholarships like the #SheAdventures and others. They are a tribe built on pursuing outdoor passions and they want everyone else to do the same. Go check them out and get inspired for your next adventure.
- Gear Junkie – Gear Junkie is an awesome blog for gear reviews and outdoor news. Their video section and photo galleries will get you itching to get outside and their gear reviews will help you decide which products to take with you.
- Outdoor Womens Alliance – OWA is an amazing group of volunteers who engage, empower, and educate women all around the world. Their blog inspires confidence and leadership in women and encourages adventure through their captivating stories and shared experiences.
- She Explores – She Explores is a group of adventurous women who collectively tell stories, photographs, and artwork. They are creative, driven, and ready to explore the outdoors.